The Book of Wi-Fi:
Install, Configure, and Use
802.11b Wireless Networking
by John Ross
288 pages /
7½" x 9" pb
No Starch Press
[ March 2003 ]
Cover Blurb: Going wireless doesn't have to be difficult. Take advantage of this high-speed, inexpensive, and versatile technology with The Book of Wi-Fi. This practical and plain-English guide to wireless networking leads you through the entire process of setting up and using 802.11b in your home or office - from shopping for parts to securing your network. You'll be up and running in a snap!
- Choose the best place to set up access points to improve your network's performance
- Extend the network beyond your own walls and provide your entire neighbourhood with public or pricate wireless Internet access
- Design and use point-to-point wireless network links to move data across several miles
- Find public networks and surf the Internet from hotels, conference centers, and airport passenger terminals
- Use sniffer tools to find unprotected wireless networks
- Secure your access points with encryption, password protection, and virtual private networks (VPNs)
Copyright 2003 - 2005 ~ Tari Akpodiete ~ All rights reserved.
All 3rd party media appearing on this site remain
the properties of their respective owners.